FLOT Con Text Blog

Welcome to Flot-Con Text: a blog where I release my newest poetry since and as of twentyten. Enjoy! Peace!
Sam Flot

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Appointment



The Appointment
by sam flot

Hurrying along the edge of the river
Always on the path never straying
Hurrying along insistent on
Meeting some appointed time
Meeting some appointed person
Unclear and indistinct in the details
But hurrying fervently
Regardless of purpose
Regardless of torpor
Regardless of everything
Except meeting this
Hurry up hurry up
To the meeting and
When did I remember this appointment and
What is it about?
With whom am I appointed to
Either be late or meet with?

All I know is I am along the river and
This is my place
Moving though I am
This has been where I always am and
Although I try to hurry along away from here
I still remain here
Maybe I am supposed to oppose
My instinctual reaction and
Resist this hurrying to meet
Some artificial and or unknown deadline
Forced upon me by life
Forced upon me by finances
Forced upon me like
Everyone always assumes I will be
Like the rest of the herd
Unaware that I go against the grain
I am the thread holding the silver lining in place
I am flock-less flying as
The bird flies
With his wings in the air
Only after leaving the ground
Hurrying along the edge of the river flying……..
 Hurrying and now.....
I'm soaring

12.23.ten

No comments:

Post a Comment